After living for a year in Ucluelet, on Vancouver Island's rugged outer shore, we decided to fulfill another dream and move to the downtown area of Vancouver. These are the adventures, in words and images, of a couple of retirees now based in Lower Lonsdale.

Check my main photography website, or follow me on my Facebook page.

Click on pictures to view at full size.

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Contributions

It's been a few days since my last post, but I have been busy, honest. There's been a couple on interesting (for me) opportunities that have begun to come to fruition.

The first, which I have mentioned on the blog already, "Workin' on the Workshop", is my photography workshop that I teach and offer to schools, charities, and communities. I have an upcoming meeting next week with the North Vancouver Community Arts Council to talk specifics to schedule presentation of the course. As such, I've spent quite a bit of my time in fine-tuning the Keynote presentation that is the cornerstone of the workshop.

Secondly, I am now a contributing photographer and writer to a local website, lowerlonsdale.ca. This existing website has been acquired by a new marketing firm and is undergoing some serious renovations. The new site will offer much more content and feature Lower Lonsdale as a gateway to the north shore. My photographs will be featured in the website, and in addition, I will write articles as well.

 

In the meantime, here are some iPhone images that I've managed to take over the last while. Enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you haven't had the opportunity to contribute and give back to your community, I urge you to try it. I highly recommend it... There's little more satisfying then to see that you can make a difference to others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment